Thursday, February 04, 2010

Everyday we get to give the gift of life, it can be painful, it can be terrifying, but in the end it's worth it. Every time. We all have the opportunity to give. Maybe the gifts are not as dramatic as what happens in the operating room, maybe the gift is to try and make a simple apology, maybe it's to understand another person's point of view, maybe it's to hold a secret for a friend. The joy supposedly is in the giving, so when the joy is gone, when the giving starts to feel more like a burden, that's when you stop. But if you're like most people I know, you give till it hurts, and then you give some more. 
The best gift I ever got was for Christmas when I was ten - my very first suture kit. I used it until my fingers bled, and then I tried to use it to stitch up my fingers. It put me on the path to becoming a surgeon. My point is sometimes the best gifts come in really surprising packages. 
Meredith Grey, Greys Anatomy 

1 comments:

siti zainab said...

ya Tuhanku mudahkanlah dan jangan engkau payahkan, Tuhanku sempurnakan dengan kebaikan....

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir